08 December 2007

Flashback: When I Wasn't Gay

Sandra Bernhard put out an album in 1994 called Excuses for Bad Behavior, Pt. 1. I don't remember why I bought this CD since the most of what I really knew of her was from her lesbian kiss on Rosanne. It was my last years of college and I remember not taking to it immediately, but loving every track in the end. A few years later I moved to NY and saw Sandra Bernhard at the Westbeth Theatre and was completely blown away. She has the magic.

Album Highlights
Manic Superstar, Sympathy For The Devil, Phone Sex (Do You Want Me Tonight), 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover

This marks the first entry in a recurring blog focused on recently revisited/rediscovered things from my past, mostly music, that are clear indicators of my inner-queer but from a time when I wasn't out. Oh the things time will tell.

More
Sandra Bernhard's Website
Sandra on MySpace
Album Review on All Music

Related
Maurice
REN Rose Centifolia Facial Wash

No comments: